Stephen: winter storm closures (Mar 24, 2023)
Written by Stephen Lethbridge on March 24, 2023
To report a closure or cancellation related to the impending weather (Mar 24, 2023), call 709-576-OZFM (6936) or email [email protected]
- Multiple K-12 schools on the east coast of Newfoundland (full list can be found here)
- Scotiabank Grand Bank closed as of 2pm due to the forecast
- CNA Burin campus will be closed for the afternoon, Placentia and Carbonear campuses will be closing at 2PM due to the forecast
- Due to forecasted adverse weather conditions The Rooms will be closed for the remainder of the day, Friday, March 24.
- The 24-Hour Parking Restriction will be in effect outside the Designated Downtown Area and Business District starting 9:00 p.m., Friday, Mar. 24, 2023. On-street parking is prohibited 24-hours a day until the restriction is lifted. Vehicles parked on the road during this time may be ticketed or towed. An update will be issued to confirm when the parking restriction will be lifted.
- Memorial’s St. John’s, Marine Institute and Signal Hill campuses, including the Childcare Centre, will close at 4 p.m. for the remainder of the day. Evening classes and activities cancelled.
- Due to impending weather conditions and the closure of the St. John’s Campus, exams for online courses that were scheduled for Friday, March 24, have been postponed and have been rescheduled for Saturday, March 25, at 2:00pm. Please continue to monitor for further updates regarding delays or cancellations.
- CNA Prince Philip Drive Campus, Child Care Centre, ATC, and TRO offices will close at 4 p.m. today.
- CNA Ridge Road Campus will be closing at 3:30 p.m. today (Friday, March 24, 2023) due to the impending storm
- Due to impending inclement weather, all St. John’s NLPL branches will be closing at 4 pm today. The Digital Library is still available while our branches are closed at digitallibrary.nlpl.ca
- Due to the forecast, all Paradise town recreational facilities including the Paradise Double Ice Complex will close this evening, Friday, March 24, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
- City of Mount Pearl – due to weather, please note the following impacts on the cross-country ski and snowshoe rental program:
- Closing today at 5pm
- Not operating tomorrow, March 25th
- Due to impending weather, St. John’s Provincial Court is closing at 4:00 pm today. Harbour Grace Provincial Court is also closed for the rest of the afternoon
- Due to forecasted weather conditions the Robin Hood Bay Residential Drop Off (RDO) will be closed Saturday, March 25. The Residential Drop Off will reopen Tuesday, March 28 at 8 a.m. The commercial landfill and recycling facility will be open Saturday, March 25, 8 a.m. to noon.
- City of Mount Pearl – Due to impending weather, note the following impacts on recreation facilities for March 24th & March 25th:
- March 24th: Recreation facilities will close at 6pm.
- March 25th: Recreation facilities will have a delayed opening, with an update at 8am.
- Due to the pending weather, Torbay Common Community Centre will be closing at 6pm tonight, Friday, March 24, 2023.
- Due to the weather, all City of St. John’s recreation facilities will close at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Mar. 24, 2023. Due to the forecasted weather, we will have a delayed opening on Saturday, Mar. 25. An announcement on when facilities will be open will be made by 11 a.m. Saturday.
During winter and all year long, drivers should #BePrepared with a vehicle emergency kit that includes:
🧤 Extra clothes
🧰 First aid kit
❄ Small shovel, scraper, and snowbrush
🧂Sand, salt or cat litter#nltraffic #nlwx
— Justice and Public Safety NL (@JPS_GovNL) March 24, 2023
More to follow…