Which restaurant has your favourite mac & cheese?
Even before Chick-fil-A added mac and cheese to their fast-food menu, there were other fast-food and fast-casual restaurant options for this comfort-food classic. Here are the top five choices, according to Eater:
- Noodles & Company. The noodle chain puts together the perfect mac and cheese, with just the right noodle-to-cheese ratio and a shredded cheese topping. They also offer a barbecue pork version of the dish with crispy jalapeños.
- Panera Bread. The chain uses a very rich white sauce instead of the Kraft orange, and it is very flavorful. Try it served from a bread bowl if you dare.
- Boston Market. Very similar in taste to the classic Kraft version, but with rotini noodles.
- Popeyes. A favorite of the late Anthony Bourdain, Popeyes is similar but slightly creamier version than the one offered by KFC, and sometimes the sauce can be on the watery side.
- KFC. Acceptable but basic version of the dish, although the noodles can occasionally be a little squishy.