Stephen: World’s largest Starbucks to open in Chicago
What’s five stories tall, 35,000 square feet large, and opening this Friday? The largest Starbucks in all the world. Known officially as the Starbucks Reserve Roastery Chicago, it is located in Chicago, Illinois, along Michigan Avenue’s Magnificent Mile, Eater reports. Each floor has its own theme and they even sell alcoholic beverages. Its doors will open at 9 a.m. this Friday and will no doubt be thronged by caffeine addicts eager to experience the coffee chain’s “immersive customer journey.” Can’t make it? Here’s what you’ll miss, floor by floor.
- First floor: Upon entering the glassy white-washed building, visitors will catch site of the Reserve Coffee Bar, where they can get a peak of the roasting process and also shop at an adjoining retail space and gift shop. Coffee-themed design is apparent in every element of the space, especially in a bronze, tube statue dubbed the “coffee hourglass.”
- Second floor: Here’s where you’ll find Italian baker and frequent Starbucks collaborator Rocco Princi’s Bakery & Cafe, which features an open kitchen and plenty of seating.
- Third floor: Those eager to try an experimental coffee drink should head to this floor where customers sit at long counters watching and learning from baristas as they make unusual concoctions.
- Fourth floor: The Arriviamo Cocktail Bar is located on this level, serving up alcoholic beverages and exclusive Chicago-themed drinks concocted by three of the city’s top bartenders. There is seating for 175 people, and the bar, which is horseshoe-shaped, sits beneath illuminating skylights.
- Fifth floor: Here you’l find the rooftop space which is only open seasonally and for private events. Unfortunately, it will be closed for the duration of the season and unable for viewing even on Friday.