Stephen: Travel advisory for Air Canada flight from Toronto to Deer Lake
The Department of Health and Community Services is asking passengers who travelled on Air Canada Flight 7484 that departed Toronto on Thursday, February 11, 2021, and arrived in Deer Lake on Friday, February 12, 2021, to arrange testing.
To arrange testing, passengers can complete the online self-assessment and referral tool available here or call 811.
Public Health is making this ask out of an abundance of caution and because of the case reported in the Western Health region today.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever, including chills or sweats;
- A new or worsening cough;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose;
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy;
- New onset of muscle aches;
- Loss of appetite;
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; and,
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
People are reminded to follow the Special Measures Orders of the Chief Medical Officer of Health for isolation requirements. Even if someone receives a negative test result, Public Health is encouraging all passengers to continue monitoring themselves for symptoms for a full 14 days from the time of their arrival in the province.
For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.