February – March 2019
Official Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
1. THE CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest entry period commences at 8:00 a.m. Newfoundland Time (“NT”) on Monday, March 4, 2018 and concludes at 4:30 PM NT on Friday, April 26, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, who have reached the age of majority, 19 years of age in NL. Employees, directors and officers of NEWFOUNDLAND BROADCASTING, or any affiliate, and employees, the Sponsors, employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as family members of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter the contest.
Listeners who have been awarded prizing valued at less than Five Hundred Dollars ($500), shall be considered eligible for this contest notwithstanding prizes won by them within the past Thirty (30) days.
- HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Listeners may call the OZ Line (576-6936) each time they hear the invitation to call in. Invitations to call will air at approximately 8:10 am and 4:10 pm each weekday during the contest period.
Once caller will be selected during each occasion to guess a 4 digit “combination”. Callers will be told how many digits, if any, are correct and in the right position.
Streaming Listeners: Please note that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and the speed of your internet connection. For that reason, Contest Sponsors recommend that you turn on your radio to the Radio Station to participate in any call-in contest to be sure you are participating in “real time.” Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for entrants not qualifying timely as a result of the delays in the Internet stream.
- WINNER SELECTION
Each contest play, OZFM will add $250 (CAD) to the prize jackpot.
If the caller correctly guesses the entire secret 4-digit code during their call, they will win the accrued cash in the jackpot.
The jackpot will then reset to $250 for the next contest play.
Any prize will depend on how much money has accrued in the jackpot during the contest period.
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE
OZFM will contact winners by telephone and ask them to answer a 4 part mathematical skill testing question. If successfully answered within 5 minutes, they will be requested to appear in person at OZFM with proof of their identity and their age. They must provide two pieces of identification which must include their full name, and the full address that they included with their entry, (eg: a valid passport and driver’s license would be acceptable). If the caller can provide this information, all the conditions are considered as met and that person will win the accrued prize money. If they cannot meet these conditions, they forfeit the prize.
- PRIZE TO BE ACCEPTED AS AWARDED
Any prize money must be accepted as awarded. No portion of the prize is transferable. Should any prize winner be unable to claim the prize awarded, his or her entry will be forfeited.
- ODDS OF WINNINGOdds of winning depend on the total number of calls received during the Contest Period.
- TERMINATION/MODIFICATIONSubject to applicable law, OZFM reserve the right to cancel, suspend, terminate and/or modify the Contest Rules or administration of the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including, if for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, tampering, fraud, corruption or other causes beyond the control of OZFM.
- OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIESOZFM assumes no responsibility for an inability to participate the contest due to any failure or technical malfunction of the network, telephone or on-line, computer systems or equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems or due to any other reason regardless of the cause.
- PUBLICITYBy entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her name, city/town, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world, in all media, in perpetuity, by Newfoundland Broadcasting Co. Ltd. without any payment or compensation. Prize Winners further agree that their audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. Entrants understand and acknowledge that OZFM may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
12. CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the “Registrant Information”), each Contest entrant grants permission to OZFM to collect and use of the Registrant Information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the Prize winner(s). No correspondence will take place between OZFM and the entrants except in connection with the Contest.
- TAMPERINGIf for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Newfoundland Broadcasting Co. Ltd. that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, OZFM reserves the right, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest and/or Prizes. OZFM further reserves the right to disqualify, from this Contest and future contests of OZFM, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. OZFM may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest, future contests of OZFM and/or winning a prize(s) if, in OZFM’s sole discretion, it is determined that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any unlawful or unfair playing practices relating to the Contest (including but not limited to the use of automated quick entry programs), prize(s), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or OZFM representatives. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, OZFM reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including lawyers’ fees) from any such entrant or any other individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that the Releasees shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by the entrant for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use, enjoyment or misuse of any Prize, or while preparing for, participating in any Contest-related or Prize-related activity. The Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by any of the contest entrants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions that may cause damage to a user’s system or limit an potential entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
15. WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE
Rules and regulations are available online at the Website and at the Radio Station studios, located at 446 Logy Bay Rd., St. John’s, NL
- COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULESAll entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of OZFM.
17. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.
© Newfoundland Broadcasting Co., Ltd.
Updated: March 7, 2019