Robert: Budget 2019 Breakdown
Off the heels of two major funding announcements (and just hours before an expected election call) the Liberal government announced its latest budget plans for the province.
The long and short of it goes something like this:
- $1.9 Billion surplus thanks to the Atlantic Accord
- No tax or fee increases (Hoo-ray!)
- Elimination of the tax on auto insurance
- The dreaded Deficit Reduction Levy will be gone by year’s end
- $1 Million increase to arts funding
- $2.5 Million for Autism Action Plan
NTV News will have a full review of the proposed budget (and coverage of the more than likely election call) tonight during NTV’s First Edition at 5:30 pm and NTV’s Evening News Hour at 6:00 pm.