People mailed some very unusual things in 2018 according to Postmates
How weird was 2018? So weird that even Postmates is getting in on the year-end action with its new wrap-up of its strangest orders and most bizarre delivery trends of the past 12 months. Here are just some of the insane requests fielded by the delivery app (check the link for more):
- A $3,400 dress was delivered to the restaurant a customer was eating at because she had dirtied her own dress.
- From a customer in North Carolina on Valentine’s Day: “I need you to save my Valentine’s. I need a dozen flowers, some form of stuffed animals, balloons, and a big box of chocolate. Don’t call me, my partner can’t know. I trust your judgment and by saving my s**t. I’ll tip you huge.”
- An order placed in October for “the dopest and most colorful of the fake birds that they keep with the floral stuff and vines. They should be three inches and up in height. Go ham.”
- On January 31, someone ordered $1,000 worth of Taco Bell, or about 332 items.
- On March 17, Postmates accidentally dropped off five bags with 200 limes instead of the five limes Chrissy Teigen ordered from John Legend’s Postmates account. Six hours later, she shared photos of the three delicious lime pies she made.
- On July 4, people placed more orders for bags of ice, Shake Shack hot dogs and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream pints than any other day of the year.
- On August 16–the same day as the MTV Video Music Awards–one user placed an order for drums, cymbals and more to the tune of $1,626.
- December is the month when customers place 79 percent more orders for batteries than in a normal month.