Hugh: Florida Man Driving With Lit Candle Sets Car on Fire
On Monday, the Charlotte County (Fla.) Fire Department took to Facebook to warn locals not to drive with lit candles in their cars. What for many would be an obvious no-no while behind the wheel wasn’t the case for one Florida man, who, that morning, set his care on fire when a fragrant candle that was burning inside tipped over and ignited some papers. According to WFLA, the man pulled over and filled a trashcan with water to try and put out the blaze, but by the time he got back to his vehicle, it was engulfed in flames. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, but not before it totally destroyed the man’s ride.