Practice Good Hygiene
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use a Health Canada approved hand sanitizer if you don’t have soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette. Cough and sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue (immediately dispose of after use).
- Frequently clean and disinfect high-touch areas. This includes toilets, bedside tables, door handles, and other high-touch surfaces with diluted bleach or a Health Canada approved disinfectant.
Stay Home when Sick
- Stay at home and away from others if you are sick, unless it is to get medical attention.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
Limiting your physical contact with other people in order to stop, slow down or contain the spread of COVID-19.
Avoid crowds and maintain a 2 metre distance from other people.
- Work from home, where possible.
- Continue to shop online and use curbside pickup
Wear a Mask
Use a non-medical or cloth mask when physical distancing cannot be maintained and in indoor public spaces.
Limit and Track your Contacts
- Keep your number of close contacts as low as possible.
- Download the free COVID Alert App from the Government of Canada
- Keep a log of when you go out in public and who you interact with.
- Check this website (www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19) regularly for the latest information.
- What to expect after March 14th
- For more information on how to be prepared for COVID-19, visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/being-prepared.html