36% of People Think Pizza is the Perfect Breakfast, 64% of People Are Wrong
Published on February 9th, 2018 @ 7:29 AM
National Pizza Day is observed every year on February 9. Here are 10 facts about the beloved food, courtesy of pizza.com (check out the full list at the link):
- The average American eats about 46 pizza slices a year.
- 93 percent of Americans have eaten pizza in the last month.
- The top five pizza sales days are: Super Bowl Sunday, New Year’s Eve, Halloween, the night before Thanksgiving, and New Year’s Day.
- Regular thin crust is most popular in America (61 percent of the population), followed by deep dish (14 percent) and extra thin (11 percent).
- 62% of Americans prefer meat toppings while 38% prefer vegetables.
- The most popular pizza topping is pepperoni (36 percent).
- Women are twice as likely as men to order vegetables on their pizza.
- Pizza deliverers claim women are better tippers
- Saturday night is the most popular night to eat pizza.
- 36 percent of people consider pizza the perfect breakfast.